Sunday, October 31, 2010

Memories

As I sat sifting through,
Papers old and new,
I came across words...
Words which transported me back to my school and college world.
There was a sparkle in my eye
And my lips twirled.
A smile crept up
As I scanned across.....
Across pages which I had imprinted on
Thoughts, feelings, experiences and moods
Happy moments, sad ones and anger too.
During school days, college days, those days of my childhood.
Those memories came and flooded my mind
The situations, those times, I could see crystal clear
Things which I had forgotten, miraculously appeared.
Those times which I left far behind
Suddenly seemed so important, so near.
I was overwhelmed
And embarrassed at some of my writings.
Smiled at some, chuckled at many.
I wish I could rewind and go back then.
Then when everything was so simple and fun.
Even sad moments never seemed to last
And problems and troubles were tackled with a laugh.
Those times with friends talking gibberish and nonsense
The teacher’s shouting’s and at times praising,
Our parents fussing and behind us running.

Those childhood memories made me so ecstatic
That I couldn’t stop flipping those pages.
I didn’t want that moment to end
Between me and myself.
Sometimes we stock things without realising
That years later when you happen to find it
It brings a glow on your face
A glisten in your eyes.
The child within us begins to evolve
And everything around seems so serene and so calm.
All those memories big or small,
I want to keep them as close as I can.
And hope each passing day
Is cherished this way.
So tomorrow, maybe when I’m feeling down and low
The today’s now, brings a smile on my face tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment