Saturday, October 27, 2012

In memory of...

It doesn’t matter how far you go,
Whether you leave me standing all alone,
With all those memories, from childhood till now
The tales of me growing up and the support you showered
You will always be there in my heart
In my thoughts even if time draws us apart.
You accepted me for who I was
For my happiness you put the world on pause,
The things I gifted you big or small,
You kept them with you till you were gone.
You held my hand as I walked along,
Through each moment I lived you were in my thoughts
But today all of a sudden, you aren’t there
You left me for a world in which I don’t exist.
Though I am shattered, I try to be strong
I need support but you aren’t there to hold on.
But I know no matter where you are today
You are looking down on me like you did yesterday,
Smiling at ever ladder I climb,
Wanting to hold me through the dust and grime.
But more than ever in your heavenly abode
You are shining down on me protecting my each move.
Though life seems empty without you here
I know you are in a world where someone needs you more than me down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment